The majority of homeowners don’t give much thought to the parts of a refrigerator until it stops running, or before it comes time to buy a new one. In order to get the most use possible from this invaluable appliance it can be very useful to understand exactly how a refrigerator keeps food cool—and Cain Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Continue reading to find out everything you might need to know about how a refrigerator runs, how it cools your food and if it’s the right time to call refrigerator repair CITY.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There are not too many homes that don’t have a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It has been a must-have household appliance for many years now. A household refrigerator stores your food at the right temperature, to reduce rotting and slow down the growth of bacteria. The process of refrigeration works by moving the heat from the inside of the refrigerator to the exterior, by relying on the principles of condensation and evaporation.
The parts of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Cain Appliance Repair:
The refrigerator compressor is a combo of a motor and a pump, and it is responsible for circulation of refrigerant dispersed in the cooling system.
A compressor is a very important piece of a refrigerator. You should hire a professional company if the compressor is broken.
The refrigerator condenser is attached on the rear exterior wall of the refrigerator and will help to emit the heat absorbed inside the refrigerator out into the surrounding air.
The evaporator is installed in the interior of the refrigerator where it absorbs heat contained within it, thereby lowering the temperature inside.
The moment the evaporator isn’t working, it is time to hire a professional. Don’t wait too long.
Liquid coolant is carried through a capillary tube that acts as an expansion device as it cools the gas, turning it back into a liquid.
The refrigerator thermostat regulates the temperature within a refrigerator, engaging the cooling cycle as appropriate.
The thermostat in a refrigerator is often prone to malfunction. Troubleshoot and hire a technician in CITY for repair right after a problem happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. The moment the temperature inside a refrigerator is above the set point sensors alert the refrigerator compressor to start, and the cool down begins. The appliance attracts the cool liquified refrigerant, then condenses and pressurizes the liquid, and increases the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas.
2. The refrigerator compressor unit pushes the hot gas in the direction of the refrigerator condenser coils on the back of the appliance, at which point it comes in contact with warmer temperature in the home and reverts back to a liquified state.
3. The cooled liquid then continues its journey towards the refrigerator evaporator, making its way through the many coils on the inside of the appliance and freezer.
4. The liquid absorbs the heated air from the interior of the appliance, returning the temperature down to the desired set point.
5. The liquid evaporates, and turns back into a gas, and then returns to the refrigerator compressor unit so it can continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration technology is found in quite a few applications and large appliances, including heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and residential freezers. By extracting warmth from a single location and then moving it to elsewhere the continuous cycle of refrigeration aids in cooling your home, provides a safe environment for perishable food, and also helps with manufacturing and storage of a number of different products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator require repair? You can schedule service with Cain Appliance Repair.
Cain Appliance Repair will fix all popular brands and models of refrigerators – includes industrial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our experienced technicians in CITY undergo training to repair and troubleshoot issues with cooling, ice makers, problems with condensation, water puddles and leaks, lighting, touch controls, smart functionality and various problems. We know all about refrigerator repair! Schedule now!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2022  Cain Appliance Repair